Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Scary Future

The Matt Cassel story is one of the most fascinating stories that I've heard in quite a while. The guy had not played a football game in 7 years before this year. He didn't play in college as everyone knows but still the Patriots took a flyer on him and developed him, and now he has thrown for more than 400 yards the past two weeks and is really starting to look like the real deal. So what is my point?

I'm afraid that after his contract is up this year, he is going to sign with the Minnesota Vikings. Signing him and maybe one more reciever might make them an instant, and legitimate Super Bowl contender, and the team to beat in the NFC North. They'll probably fall apart this year and not make the playoffs, leading to an even worse case scenario for Packers fans and the NFL... the firing of Brad Childress. They'll hire someone who is a competant NFL Coach and feed Adrian Peterson the ball, and then play action off of that and have Cassel just pick apart defenses ala Drew Brees against the Packers last night.

It scares me. I don't sleep at night.

Actually, I'm not that pathetic, but I really do dread the idea of the Vikings being good.

2 comments:

Scottage Cheese said...

I was telling my brother that idea two weeks ago. I could certainly see him in purple and....well, white? Is that their colors? Anyways.

Keep in mind, he's playing with an All-Stud line up and his surrounding elements surely make him that much better. I'm not sure the receivers in the Twin Cities are comparable to Moss and Welker. Am I off here?

Kosi said...

No, you are not off base. That's why I said that they would need another receiever. But the Vikings running game is an upgrade from the Patriots and their offensive line is as good if not better.