Monday, July 20, 2009

Felipe Lopez

I love the trade for Felipe Lopez. He offers a high on base percentage and some speed at the top of the lineup. It's the first switch hitter I can remember the Brewers having in quite some time as well. I pulled hard for the Crew to sign Lopez during the off season, but I'll take him now. I just wonder if it isn't a precursor to something else. Lopez will play second base for now and move Counsell back to a bench role which I think he prefers anyway, but it could also be an insurance policy at shortstop when the Brewers trade Hardy. Even if it isn't Halladay, it could net a good return. Despite his low average, JJ is still a valuable trade chip. All-Star shortstops with the ability to hit homeruns and play above average defense, are not a dime a dozen. Interenet buzz is starting to grow about Halladay to the Brewers however... Feels kind of similiar to when no one believed CC could come to Milwaukee just over a year ago.

1 comment:

Kosi said...

Here is a link to a CBS Sportsline article about Halladay to the Brewers...

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/11969593